The basic format of all tests for this course is a two-part test:
Page 1 will be multiple choice, and must be completed before going on to page 2. Page 2 contains several free-response questions. These may be discussion questions or small problems to solve.
This test will be closed-book, closed-note. Calculators are not allowed on the test.
Questions on the test come from multiple sources:
- Etext readings, including all items linked from the etext for the sections covered
- In-class activities and homework assignments, including specific readings related to those assignments
- Course library resources
To do well on the exam, it is important that you:
- Read each question carefully.
- Answer only the question that is asked; particularly with the second part, do not spend your time trying to do more than the question states.
- Ask for clarification on any question that you don’t understand.
The final exam is COMPREHENSIVE. Questions cover the entire content of the course, and may pertain to any topic we have covered at any point during the semester. Refer to previous study guides for specific information about earlier topics.
- Cloud computing
- What is it
- Common cloud computing resources
- Internet censorship
- How it can work
- How it can be avoided
- The ethical issues involved
- Constructing web pages
- Basic web page structure
- Fundamental HTML & CSS commands
- The difference between HTML and CSS
- Basic programming
- Types of statements shown in tutorial
- Importance of order of statements
- How to make decisions & repeat actions